Friday, January 12, 2007

Alone In The Courtroom

Some thoughts while waiting out the 75-minute lunch break...

-I keep thinking about how much I admire the Corr family. They are re-living, moment by excruciating moment, the horrible events that led to Joe's death. They plan on being here for two weeks. Every single day.

-This courtroom is furnished with what have to be the most uncomfortable flat wooden benches in the history of America's criminal justice system. This isn't a complaint, merely an observation. I can't sit for five minutes without squirming (and nearly letting slip the WKTV laptop). But the Corr family remains still, and wholly engaged in the testimony. Another reason I admire them.

-This could end up being a very tough afternoon session. Prosecutors plan to call the medical examiner to the stand. It is highly likely that autopsy pictures will have to be shown.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think about the Corr family on a regular basis. I wonder how they deal with the constant media coverage of the death of their husband, father, son and brother. Can you adequately grieve when you are constantly reminded of your loss?

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guess thats the way the news media works when there's a tragic event. 1 year anniversary!

It hasn't been a year yet but the case came up and everything will be remembered in detail, I feel for the Corr family. I don't know them but every time I go by the Byrne Dairy in Kirkland I think about Joe Corr and what happened.

BTW...Andy I was one of the 121 who sat on the hard benches on Tuesday. Some brought a cushion and others sat on their coat.

Thanks Andy for the Blog, I wish others would use it and express their feelings on this case.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home